How to Make a Paper Lei
Cut plastic party straws into 1 inch (2.5 cm) lengths.
Create a basic flower design template on paper.Cut the piece out and make paper flowers out of construction paper, using different colors. Punch holes in the middle of each flower.
Poke string through the hole of the flower, then thread it through a straw.The straws will create dividers, so keep on alternating the flowers and straws until you get a good length. Cut off the remaining string and tie both ends together
Adore your own lei creation!
QuestionThe history of a leiwikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLeis were worn by Polynesians and a few Asian peoples. They were usually used by Native Hawaiians to designate royalty, almost like a crown is used today by kings/queens.Thanks!
QuestionHow many straws do I need to cut?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThat depends on how long you want your lei to be. As you are cutting the straws, line them up to get an idea of how long your lei will be.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Macaroni, beads, and other jewelry items can be used along with the straws, or even replace the straws altogether if you don't have any.
- Consider using silk flowers in place of construction paper. Some silk flowers can be taken apart and the layers used individually.
- Help kids that have a hard time tying their lei. Be careful not to tear the paper in the process.
- This project is excellent for younger kids, however, it's highly suggested that adults handle the cutting for the youngest kids.
- Paper leis will never die, but you don't have to keep them forever ( though the little ones may cry if you throw it away).
Video: DIY Hawaiian Lei using tissues || Handmade Necklace
10 Backstage Beauty Secrets, According to the Oscars Head Makeup Artist
Morena Rosa FallWinter 2013-2014 Shoes and Accessories
Watch these men read out horrible tweets sent to female sports presenters
How to Do Better Telemark Ski Turns
Maria Menounos Says the Stresses Of The TV Industry Contributed to Her Brain Tumor
10 Party Little Black Dresses to Dance the Night Away
Heres where to find free and cheap Kindle eBooks to save money
Clementine Meringue Recipe
7 Fiery Dates for Cold Nights
How to Play Real Life Pokémon
How to Become a Wedding Officiant in California
How to Forget Hurtful Words
This 89-Year-Old Grandmother Made the Most Beautiful Bridesmaid
Date: 02.12.2018, 14:15 / Views: 43561