How to Contact Richard Dawkins
Richard Dawkins is a biologist and best-selling author known for his views on secularism.If you’re a fan of his work, you can let him know that you appreciate his work through many outlets. Whether you plan to contact him online or by snail mail, you can reach out and show your admiration.
Reaching Out Online
Send a message through his official Facebook page.You can send a private message on Facebook if you visit his page. Use the “Send Message” button on the right side of the window. You should expect a reply within 1 hour.
- Like and follow his page to receive updates from Dawkins and his staff on your Facebook newsfeed here: .
- You may reach someone on Dawkins’s staff rather than him directly.
Tweet at him directly on Twitter.Richard Dawkins is active on Twitter and leaves regular updates. You can either tweet directly at him or reply to one of his tweets. His Twitter handle is @RichardDawkins.
- Follow his Twitter to receive updates on his activity here: .
- Use Twitter for shorter comments or questions, not to hold conversations.
Leave comments on blog posts he writes on his website.Though not all the blog posts are written by him, you can find articles that Dawkins wrote on his website. A comment on his post shows that you’ve taken the time to read it and gives you a space to comment or ask questions.
- Visit his site here:
- Keep your comment related to the topic of the blog post rather than asking personal questions.
- Start discussions with other commenters to delve further into the topic and participate further.
Mailing Him a Letter
Write a one-page letter to Dawkins.Keep your letter short so he isn’t overwhelmed by the length. Split paragraphs up by double spacing them or leaving a line between them. Address him as Mr. Dawkins or Mr. Richard Dawkins in the heading of your letter.
- You can either type the letter or hand-write it. Just be sure your handwriting is legible.
- Be specific about what you’re writing about, like why you’ve connected with something he wrote or how he has inspired you.
- Always check your spelling and grammar before sending your letter.
Include an envelope with your address if you want a reply.Though it doesn’t guarantee a reply from Dawkins, providing an envelope with your address on it could up your chances. Include the correct amount of postage on the envelope so Dawkins or his team members do not have to provide it themselves.
- If you are expecting a letter back, it could be a few months before anything is returned to you. Many letters get sent from all over the globe.
- If he doesn’t reach back to you, don’t send follow-up letters. They may come across as creepy or like you’re expecting something in return.
Mail the letter to the Richard Dawkins Foundation.Address the letter to Richard Dawkins and send it to the Richard Dawkins Foundation, 1012 14th Street NW, Suite 205, Washington, DC 20005. This will ensure it arrives in the correct hands.
Let him know you’ve mailed him a letter on Twitter.Tweet at Dawkins once you’ve put the letter in the mail to reaffirm the interest you have in contacting him. Dawkins updates his Twitter regularly, so he may see in his notifications that you’ve reached out to him.
- Dawkins and his team will sometimes publish the letters they receive on the Mailbox page of their website.
Video: Richard Dawkins & Bret Weinstein - Evolution
Mode Madness: The Madison Avenue Crawl for Fashion’s NightOut
Malala Is Now Raising Just Under A Billion Pounds To Educate Syrian Refugees
Marks Spencer’s Latest Charitable Change Sets It Apart From Other Supermarkets
13 Things Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton Have Said About Each Other
Simple Ways to Cook Shrimp
Christmas Nails That Boost Your Mood
How to Contact JK Rowling
How to quit every job and still have a good resume
How to Improve Your Health with Cauliflower
How to Draw Stickmen Cities
How to Make Sure a Baby Is Properly Immunized in His or Her First Year
Sweet Spicy Snack Mix