Dutch Apple Pie
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
4 tbsp. margarine or butter
1/4 c. Shortening
Granny Smith Apples
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
container sour cream
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. walnuts
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. grated orange peel
4 tbsp. margarine or butter
- Prepare pie crust:In medium bowl, mix flour and salt. With pastry blender or two knives used scissor-fashion, cut in margarine with shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 4 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, into flour mixture, mixing lightly with fork after each addition until dough is just moist enough to hold together. Shape dough into a disk.
- On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into a round 2 inches larger in diameter than inverted 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate. Ease dough into pie plate; trim edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Fold overhang under; pinch to form decorative edge. Cover and refrigerate pie shell.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare apple filling: Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. In medium bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat sour cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt, and egg just until blended. Stir sour-cream mixture into apple mixture; spoon into chilled pie shell.
- Place sheet of foil under pie plate; crimp foil edges to form a rim to catch any drips during baking. Bake pie 1 hour, covering loosely with foil if apples are browning too quickly.
- While pie is baking, prepare streusel topping: In medium bowl, stir flour, walnuts, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and orange peel. With fingertips, blend in cold margarine or butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- After pie has baked 1 hour, turn oven control to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over apples. Bake pie 30 minutes longer or until filling is hot and bubbly and top is golden. Cool pie on wire rack 1 hour to serve warm. Or cool completely to serve at room temperature later.
Video: Classic Dutch Apple Pie
Katie Holmes looks happy to be heading back to work as Broadway re-opens after Hurricane Sandy
US jobs report beats, unemployment rate falls to 18-year low
The best (and worst) tea for your health
Tap Water OK During Pregnancy
Pine cone apology note
How to Date an Entrepreneur
How to Assemble a Soccer Team
4 Ways to Stop Anxiety
Peaches Geldof strips for Agent Provocateur
Helicopter Beats Ground Transport for Trauma Victims
How to Start Yoga When Youre Bigger Bodied
How to Get a Girls Attention
Great British Boltholes: Hotel du Vin Poole, Dorset
Date: 14.12.2018, 15:17 / Views: 94541