1 3/4 c. sugar
stick butter or margarine (not spread)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
squares unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 c. whole unblanched (natural) almonds
Egg glaze: 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl beat sugar, butter, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and extract; beat until smooth. Stir in grated chocolate. With mixer on low speed, beat in flour, half at a time. Stir in almonds. Cover dough and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Divide dough in fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough into a 12-inch log. Place 2 logs 4 inches apart on each cookie sheet. Brush with egg glaze.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, switching cookie sheets halfway through baking, until logs feel firm. Loosen logs and cool on sheets 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees F.
- Slide logs onto cutting board. With a long serrated knife, carefully cut each log diagonally into 20 slices. Arrange slices upright on cookie sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until dry. Remove to rack to cool completely. Store airtight.
- Room temp, 1 month.
Video: Almond Biscotti - How to Make Biscotti - Crunchy Italian Dipping Cookies
The Reason You’re Getting Unfriended On Facebook
This Assisted Living Facility Is Designed to Look Like a Small Town From the 1940s
Fast Food Employees Reveal the 10 Things Customers Do That Annoy Them the Most
5 Minute Butt Workout
UNIQUE ENGAGEMENT RING SETTINGS – PART II
Real Bride Makeover: Old Hollywood-Inspired Beauty
Lavender is the New Millennial Pink’—Here’s How to Decorate With It at Home
Sharp Back Pain: What to Know
Artichoke Nutrition and Health Benefits
How to Know if Hes Husband Material
Date: 02.12.2018, 16:28 / Views: 74263