Yields: 10 servings | Serving size: 1 tablespoon | Calories: 42 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg |Sodium: 98 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints (freestyle): 2 |
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash of kosher or sea salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut palm sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and cook over medium heat, until desired thickness. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine. Refrigerate unused sauce. If sauce becomes too thick after refrigerating, add additional milk and reheat over low heat in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Caramel Sauce is best if eaten immediately after cooling slightly.
- Drizzle sauce over bread pudding, cinnamon rolls and other favorite desserts.
- NOTE: Coconut Palm Sugar can be found in the organic section of most grocery stores and at Whole Foods, Earth Fare and Trader Joe's.
Video: Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe - The ONLY recipe you need.
Lets Bust That Plateau
How Many Calories Do You Burn Running a Mile
Italian Chicken and Peppers
Casa Morisca, Granada, Spain
Nose Job May Make You Look a Bit Younger, Too
What I Want Now: Clothing Designer and It Girl Chrissie Miller Shares her Holiday WishList
Party Foods You Can Prep Ahead of Time
62 New Jersey Students Arrested for Prank Gone Wrong
The Roadrunner machine perfectly places street cones
How to Do a Needle in Cheerleading
Biggest Solar Storm in Years May Disrupt Technology
7 Ways To Prevent Lower Back Pain
Legging Tips for Women Over 40– 20 Ways to Wear Legging when Above 40
I Told My Hairstylist to Surprise Me—Heres What Happened
This medical device works like a zip tie to stop bleeding